What do you do when you have a craving for burger and not feel like Macs or Burger King and there aren’t any gourmet burger places around? Make your own, of course.
I wanted something light and something with pork, so I did some Google-fu and found this recipe on Simply Recipes, which I then proceeded to adapt. These are amazingly juicy and not heavy at all. As I ate this burger, my plate became saturated with the combined juices from the patty and the mayo. So, perhaps, it’d be a good idea to let the patties rest for a while before tucking in, but hey, I was hungry. These are also very fast to make, it took me probably about half an hour, so very convenient for a quick meal. I was tempted to make the sauce out of yoghurt, but I went with mayo instead. I think it could have worked with yoghurt. I loved the mix of the fruity mayo and the salty juiciness of the meat patty, definitely hit the spot for me!
Fruity Pork Burgers (makes 4)
- 500g ground pork
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon powdered garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, canned
- handful of cherry tomatoes cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 burger buns
- buttercup lettuce or any lettuce you prefer
- any melty cheese (optional)
- Mix ground pork together with ground ginger, ground allspice, powdered garlic, salt, pepper and egg together and leave to marinate for as long as you can manage.
- Mix pineapple, cherry tomatoes and mayonnaise. Try to get rid of any liquid.
- Split the pork mixture into 4, form into patties and throw onto grill or a grill pan. Make your patties a little thinner than you want it because it will contract.
- At the same time, slice your bun into 2 and throw onto the grill as well, making sure your bun does not burn.
- When patties are mostly cooked, place cheese on top so that it melts.
- When patties are done, construct your burger by placing bottom bun, lettuce, mayo mixture, patty with cheese, top bun.
- Voila, burger is done!
2 thoughts on “Burger Cravings”
Cool recipe! 🙂 That seems so good!
Thanks! It’s quick and easy too 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person